Amended December 2, 2013
Article I Board of Trustees
- The Board shall consist of no fewer than seven and no more than eleven positions serving 5 year terms.
- Vacancies on the Board shall be filled as needed at a regularly scheduled Board meeting by a vote of the Board of Trustees. (a.)Board vacancies shall be appointed for the remainder of the term of the Board position vacated.
- Board removal shall be deemed necessary by a vote of the board at a regularly scheduled meeting due to prolonged illness, conflict of interest, moving out of library service area or unexcused absence of three consecutive meetings.
Article II Officers
- The officers of the Board shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, and a Treasure.
- Officers shall be elected at the Annual Meeting which will be the first meeting of the year. (a.) Nominations of officers may be offered at the last meeting of the year.
- All officers shall have the usual powers associated with their office.
- Vacancies among the officers shall be filled at an election at a regularly scheduled meeting by a majority vote of the board members.
Article III Meetings
- Meetings will be held on the first Monday of every month at 6:00 pm in the library and are always open to the public.
- A majority of designated number of the Board shall constitute a quorum. (a.) No voting shall be conducted without a quorum.
- Order of business shall be as follows: (a.) Roll Call noting excused and unexcused absences. (b.) Review minutes of previous meeting. (c.) Financial Report. (d.) Report of the Library director. (e.) Committee Reports. (f.) Nominations & elections, if any. (g.) Unfinished business. (h.) New Business. (i.) Date of Next Meeting. (j.) Adjournment.
Article IV Library Director
- The board shall appoint a qualified library director who shall be the executive and administrative officer of the library.
- It shall be the duty of the Director to attend meetings of the Board including budget meetings, or public meetings where action may be taken affecting the interest of the Library. The director shall have the right to speak on all matters under discussion at Board meetings, but shall have the right to vote thereon.
Article V Amendments
- These By-Laws may be repealed, amended or added to by majority vote of the whole Board at a regular meeting.
- Proposed amendments shall be presented and discussed at a regularly scheduled monthly meeting then voted on at the next regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Board.
Above amendments were submitted at the regularly scheduled meeting of November 4, 2013 and voted on by the Board of Trustees on December 2, 2013 by: Jack Taylor, Barbara Swanson, Judy Thurber, Marcia Rybicki, Barbara Dunderdale, Sharon Smith, Sharon Green and Ronald March.